Thursday 8 April 2010

Welcome and hello

It seems lately everyone and their dog has a blog so i figured i'd give it a go. Allows me to combine my love of writing and ranting. If you've read the little blurb about me you'll probably have a good idea what i like and so this blog will be a way to showcase that. I'd like to start blog #1 by talking about something close to my heart.

Comic books. I was a late bloomer in this field and unlike most of my fellow geeks i didn't begin reading comics until i was 18. I started out like many do with the usual Marvel and DC books, afraid to venture away from characters that even though i'd never read before i already knew a fair bit about. After a few months i took the next step and expanded my horizon, beginning with a comic called Invincible.

Off the bat i liked the comic's writing style, the colourful art and the way it presented itself. All throughout volume 1 of the trade paperback i was enjoying the story of a young boy coming to grips with his new superpowers while dealing with high school, jobs and girls. All seems like your fairly typical origin story but you'd be wrong. To give away the twist would be a great injustice to comics as a whole. I urge anyone with more than a passing interest in comics to give this book a try.

Invincible: Ultimate Collection v.1

It deserves to be on any comic fans bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment